Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ducks at Home





The ducks are starting to become accustomed to their new home. One design flaw that I discovered was that they didn't have enough traction on the ramp. While it was very amusing to watch them sliding down the ramp like little kids on the slide, I figured that they'd like it better not to have to work so hard getting in and out. My son Tory helped me out by cutting and gluing some old shingles onto the ramp. Plus he fit into the pen much better than I do.
They have traction now! One thing that surprised me was that the female was much more excited about the new house than the male was. She went right in while I have yet to see the male inside at all. Maybe it's the whole nesting thing. Or maybe he just likes camping out!

No comments:

Post a Comment