Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yep, it's flooded!

This is a high spot where the creek loops around before it hits the bridge. I was actually pretty dumb by driving back there. The water was high enough that there was serious pucker factor going on. I got out of the truck to take this picture, but further on the water was just too high. I discovered that one of the drawbacks to an extended cab pickup is the inability to easily access the bed from the cab. Especially holding a camera.
So, it's still there. I'm collecting a little debris, but it's not bad. I think it'll hold fine thru most of our normal weather down here. I don't think it'll get much higher than this because once it crests it's banks, the creek spreads out over about 20 acres, so it takes a LOT of rain to make it go much higher.
I can see that I have a lot of work cut out for me to raise the driveway so it's accessible all the time. Even though the water will probably recede tonite,  and I've always considered it just a day to stay in, other peoples opinions apparently differ from mine.
I don't think I needed a bridge anyway. I always wanted a moat!

No comments:

Post a Comment